2nd Annual Wraparound Academy – A Huge Success
October 12, 2016 | John Ossowski
The 2nd Annual National Wraparound Implementation Academy was attended by over 300 Wraparound professionals nationwide! This year, the Academy was held near our nation’s capital, at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center in Rockville, MD. Over the course of the three-day Academy, attendees learned from internationally-renowned experts in the field and enjoyed ample networking opportunities.
Presenters at the 2016 Academy included:
- John VanDenBerg (Keynote speaker)
- Gary Blau (Welcome address)
- Johanna Bergan
- Eric Bruns
- Toni Donnelly
- Kimberly Estep
- Marlene Matarese
- Pat Miles
- Sheila Pires
- Janet Walker
- Michelle Zabel
- And more!
Presenters were also on-hand to offer individualized technical assistance.
This year, the Academy included a special award ceremony for innovations in Wraparound. NWI co-directors Dr. Eric Bruns and Dr. Janet Walker presented awards to the following individuals who nominated some of the latest innovations in the field:
- Parent Café (Colorado)
- Family Driven with Family Partner Coordinators (FPC) at the MCO (North Carolina)
- Wraparound Behavioral Health Home (New Jersey)
- New Zealand Ministry of Education Intensive Wraparound Te Kahu Tōī Service (New Zealand)
- Wraparound Minutes Format (Michigan)
- Implementing and Testing a Wraparound-specific Electronic Health Record (Louisana & Nebraska)
For more information, see the National Wraparound Implementation Center web site for an archive of presentations and selected handouts. To keep up to date on the latest plans for the 2017 Academy, sign up for the NWI newsletter today! You’ll receive emails about once a month that will keep you informed on the latest developments and news from the field, upcoming events and opportunities – including the Academy and NWI’s popular webinar series.